1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ups required for computer

Discussion in 'Power Solutions' started by hasan evanof, Jul 23, 2014.

1. hasan evanof

hasan evanof Member

I need a UPS for one desktop computer. I want to prevent computer rebooting when the electricity goes down and for this purpose I need to buy UPS. The back up time depends on the UPS or It depends on battery? I need to invest how much money ( including the price of UPS and battery) for the back up time of 1 hour for one computer? I will have to invest how much money if I need the back up time of 2 hours for one computer? I want to buy new UPS and new battery instead of used UPS or battery.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Instead of a UPS get an inverter with an invatubular battery. A ups with normal battries will only give you 10-15 mins of back up. These ups are built to give you backup till you go and turn on your generator so that computers dont shut down every time power goes away.

An inverter cost depends upon the capacity you want. If it is just one computer and has an lcd screen then get a UPS of 850VA Sine wave and along with it one battery of Exide invatubular model with 150Amp. That should give you a good 3-4 hours back up time for your computer and also a fan and light to go with it. Exide invatubular battries also are known to last pretty long. I have the 550 model battries on my inverter and I bought them in year 2007 and this is 2014 and they are still going strong.

3. Admin

Cost I really dont know how much it costs these days. It would be best to speak to a dealer locally but do not buy local battries. The back up time is dependent on the quality of battries.

4. hasan evanof

hasan evanof Member

If I will use the sine wave inverter then the computer will not reboot when the electricity does down?

5. AkiK

AkiK Member

Yes that is right, the computer will not reboot.

6. hasan evanof

hasan evanof Member

I don't know the meanings of invatubular. What is invatubular battery and what are the advantages of invatubular battery?

7. AkiK

AkiK Member

Inva tubular batteries have more acid volume per ampere hour as compared to normal tubular batteries. This actually acts like a coolant and in the long run it means low maintenance.
    If you have a lot of power cuts in your area then inva tubular batteries are suitable batteries to use.

8. SARB

SARB New Member

Dear !
    • Plz chooese any good LAPTOP plz
    • Use simple IKVA Local made UPS cost 10000
    • AGS Bettery is the best 18000 (27 plates)
    • Millat Bettery is cheap one
    • Keep the precure and maintenance of bettery well in time
    • Dry bettery is too Costly sometimes we never afford
    • Solar Panel is also the best for this purpose if u search in market

9. hasan evanof

hasan evanof Member

What is the price of sine wave inverter and how much back time I can get from it

10. Admin

The prices for a sinewave inverter will vary a lot depending on the brand and capacity of the inverter.

11. hasan evanof

hasan evanof Member

i have inverter at my home and my desktop computer will always restart because of loadshedding. according to my knowledge the UPS is suitable for desktop computer because if one is using UPS instead of inverter then the computer will not restart due to loadshedding. i want to buy UPS for my desktop computer only and i need the UPS which can give me the backup time of 5 minutes approximately because i can shut down my computer properly in 5 minutes. i want to know what is the price of UPS which can give me the back up time of 5 or 6 minutes including the charges of battery if i will use it for desktop computer only because i have already inverter in my home for other products like fans, lights and other products. i dont want to use used UPS. i want to use new UPS and new battery. i want to know that how much charges i will have to pay for local ups with local battery and how much charges if i will buy the imported ups and battery?