1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What power backup do you use?

Discussion in 'Power Solutions' started by Admin, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I have an inverter that has 6 battries and the inverter is 72 volts which a friend of mine sent me from USA. I have my fridge, TV's, computer, Kitchen chimney, all the lights and fans covered with this inverter and I get a back up of about three days with the fridge running 24/7 (Double door 420Lt) a few lights on and a couple of fans in summers. It has been 7 years and the batties are still going strong because they are tubular battries and the inverter is doing well too. The switch broke down and was replaced by a local switch and thats all. I have kepts the battries maintained and the set up is kept inside a small room in the basement so remains cool even in summers( that is one reason battries are still not dead).

I also have a diesel generator that is only used in summers for running two airconditioners and to recharge the battries in the inverter set up in case of a longer then usual power cut. For water in winters we have a two solar water heaters 200litres each set up in series to work as a single unit. Two solar water heaters are supposed to give better results as compared to one larger capacity one. I have no idea how true that is because I cannot compare.

What do you guys use at home and what would be your dream set up for power back?

2. Jawaad

Jawaad New Member

If an inverter can run a fridge along with fans and lights then its good, especially during the summer times when there are a lot of power cuts. Roughly how much would an inverter like this cost?

3. Abid

Abid Member

Wow 7 batteries, then I suppose it does not make much difference when there is no light apart from the summer time when you can not use the air conditioning.
    I have an inverter with one battery which runs lights and fans. It runs for a maximum of 6 hours which is sufficient as power cuts do not last more than 2 hours in my location.