Best data centre for Pakistan users

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have been looking around for months to find a datacentre within Pakistan but the ones I found are really not worth mentioning due to the sky high prices they charge and others that call themselves Pakistani hosting companies have their servers either in USA or other European countries. There is no retail webhosting company that I could find which has their servers within Pakistan.

The reason I am looking for hosting within Pakistan is that users from Pakistan will get faster page loads and user experience would be a lot better as compared to hosting else where.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I came across some new articles about PTCL data center but there doesnt seem to be any retail options. It looks like they are only interested in large scale operations. Any one got any ideas?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The only good options seem to be the cloud hosting that is provided by two different companies but the prices are like three to four fold of the going international rates. I wonder if we would get decent hosting options inside Pakistan in the near future. This is one industry that does not need too much push really as all you have to do is set up a building and run a few cables through. We could capture the whole regional market by setting up world class data centers. Our location is fairly good to serve the whole Indian market and the middle east and some central Asian countries as well. I wonder if the Government of Pakistan would pay a little attention as this could lead to goo employment generation as well in the areas where data centers would come up. Pakistan could set up some special economic zones for this if they want as this business is so dynamic and getting new business for data centers does not require much effort as it is all online and all you have to do is start advertising on adwords and other advertising networks in the region.