Does the iPhone 5 work in Pakistan?

Im planning on ordering a iPhone 5 from the US from my cousins, but before I tell him to purchase it I need to know whether it would work in Pakistan or not. I know that iPhones are locked so obviously I would need to get the phone unlocked, but is it possible to get the phone unlocked in Pakistan? Regarding whether 3G will work is not an option as we will have to wait for 3G services as there is no 3G available in Pakistan yet....:(

I use an iPhone 5C and it works like a charm but I did not get it unlocked as I bought it from an Apple store in London so cannot comment about the unlocking part. I dont see why an iPhone 5 wont work when my iPhone 5C is working perfectly fine.

If you do decide to get an iPhone 5 then get it from an Apple store so it wont be restricted to a particular network and there would not be a need to unlock it either that way.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dont want to put you off but the amount of money these iPhones costs are just not worth it in my personal opinion. Get an Android phone instead which would cost a lot less and is so much more easier to use then iOS.

If you do decide to get an iPhone 5 then get it from an Apple store so it wont be restricted to a particular network and there would not be a need to unlock it either that way.
Ok I will mention this to my cousin if he purchases it.

Dont want to put you off but the amount of money these iPhones costs are just not worth it in my personal opinion. Get an Android phone instead which would cost a lot less and is so much more easier to use then iOS.
Yes I have heard this a lot, but I'm an Apple phone lover, and although I was saying the same thing which you are I still would like to get the latest or better option for the iPhone.

Yes it does work in Pakistan, my cousin who lives abroad brought his iPhone to Pakistan and he used it with a local sim card, no problems at all.