This guide will help you to setup an Aztech or Shiro modem, for use with PTCL Broadband.
- Point your internet explorer or firefox browser to 192.168.1.1
- Login using admin as username and admin as password.
Login using admin as username and admin as password.
- Select Advanced >Wan>Quickstart from the left menu.
- Delete this connection, by selecting “delete” located at the right bottom of your screen.
- Select Advanced>Wan>New connection, from the Left Menu.
Select Advanced>Wan>New connection, from the Left Menu.
- Type in the username provided by the PTCL, usually it is number of line on which your DSL is installed. Enter your password, usually it is “ptcl”.
- Type “9999″ in Keep Alive menu.
- In the MTU menu, either set it to default (1492), or else you may find the correct value for your exchange by using this method
- If you have a copper line enter, “0” in VPI and “103″ in VCI, or if you have optical line use “8″ for VPI and “81″ in “VCI”
If you have a copper line enter, "0" in VPI and "103" in VCI, or if you have optical line use "8" for VPI and "81" in "VCI"
- Leave everything else as default. Click “Submit” and then select “Save setting” from left menu. You are done!
"Save setting" from left menu.
I hope this helps new members and if you find this guide useful then please be kind and hit the facebook share button at the bottom of the page.