Running 2 TVs on Smart TV ptcl

If i get 2 Ptcl receivers and 2 separate remotes of smart tv so then can i run them both from a same DSL router by using a spliter ?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
PTCL is too dumb to understand that there are plenty of houses where people have more then one TV. PTCL smart tv does not have an option to have an additional set top box to run a second TV. If you want to use smart tv for second TV they would need you to have two seperate connection so you would be paying for two full subscriptions every month.

DTH connections have an option of second or even third set top box and you only pay a little amount for every extra box unlike PTCL smart tv.

I hope this helps.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Spliter/Filter is what we use to seperate signals of voice and adsl on the telephone line. There is one input and two outputs one each for adsl modem and the phone.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
With DTH connections like dish tv, tata sky, airtel dth etc they have a HD recording box that you can use and those boxes have this facility to pause and rewind. You can also watch one channel and record another at the same time. With DTH you can also have multiple boxes for different tvs but each box is charged a fixed amount plus whatever the subscription charge is.

One can select his/her favorite program through electronic program guide through smart tv of ptcl. This feature is also available in DTH? One can select any program at any time in DTH connection?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
No DTH platform does not allow that. On DTH only those channels can be viewed that are being telecasted at the moment or you can play stuff that you have recorded earlier. There is VOD (video on demand) but the movies they have on there are charged at stupid rates. In this respect PTCL smart TV is the best.