Windows 7 or Windows 8 for my desktop

I have been using Windows XP for some time now, and I think its about time I change the operating system, but I can not decide between Windows 7 and Windows 8. I have mixed feelings about Windows 8 as I have heard many people like and equally dislike Windows 8. I thought it would be good to post on the forum and I would easily get some advise on which Windows to choose from 7 or 8.

Immi

I used to use Windows XP and then moved to 7 I also tried Windows 8 but never liked it. I feel that Windows 8 is more for tablet users. But there are some people who like Windows 8 and are using a desktop or laptop.

Windows 8 is more for tablet users, although there are many people who use Windows 8 for their desktops as well. If you know someone who has Windows 8 try it out on their device first and then make your decision, as everyone has their own likes and preferences.

I dont mind either Windows 7 or 8, and the reason for this may be because I mostly use a tablet which has Windows 8, and when I need to use my desktop it has Windows 7. So Dark Man is right that for tablet users Windows 8 is better and for desktop users Windows 7 is good. But the best thing would be to try out both.

Both Window versions are good, like everyone has mentioned it depends on your using. I first started using Windows 8 on my tablet, then upgraded my desktop to Windows 8 as well. Its a matter of getting used to the 8 version as well as it is quite different from Windows 7.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I upgraded my desktop and laptop from windows 7 to windows 8 and tried it for about a week then went back to windows 7 again. Windows 8 is more of a touch screen type OS in my view and if you are using a desktop or a laptop that is not touch screen then windows 7 is the way to go. I will have to admit that I have been using windows 7 ever since it was released so may have gotten too used to it. It is a matter of individual choice really.

SARB

Something to choosing operating system:
Copmuters usage like simple office work, like designing , photo editing & gaming
Computer type like DESKTOP or Laptop CORE-I 3,5,7
Most importand is your MOOD too